Friday 19 February 2010

Fake Blood

As I have a joke shop near where I live, I checked there first for some ready made fake blood, simply because it works and looks better than homemade blood. But they had virtually nothing there, only one type of blood that didn't look particularly good and it was £3 per small tube, which wouldn't have got us very far.

So I bought Golden Syrup and red food colouring (which for some reason was a nightmare to find. They had every colour it seemed, except for red. Only one bottle left.) which didn't end up dark enough, so I added soy sauce and coffee to make it more of a brownish red. Smelly and a little too watery but when I make more blood, adding more golden syrup, it should thicken up. But it probably won't smell any better.



Edit: I've made more blood by just adding more golden syrup to the mixture I already had and it's thicker and a bit sticky, with a more transparent layer like the haemoglobin found in real blood.



No comments:

Post a Comment